Chapin Labor Day Festival & Parade
Mark your calendars for the 2021 Festival year- Friday, August 29- Monday, September 6
Specific event times and locations to be announced at a later date.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, August 29- Friday, September 3
- Taste of Chapin- Restaurant Week
Saturday, September 4
- Justin Pepper 5K: Walk, Run, Ruck 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Saturday Chapin Downtown Farmer's Market on 100 Clark Street 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Sunday, September 5
- Concert on Beaufort Street featuring Maddie Rean Band party starts at 7 pm.
- Bring your lawn chairs, but no coolers allowed
Monday, September 6
- Labor Day Parade begins at 9:30 am (Streets close at 9 am) at HireRight parking lot (912 Chapin Road) and travels to St. Peters Church Road
- Classic Car Show in the Mt. Horeb parking lot of Beaufort Street presented by Columbia Classic Chevy Club.
- Over 85 Vendors with Children's Area, balloon animals and facepainting.
- Chapin Library Book Sale immediately following the parade at Town Hall. Sale ends at 2:00 pm.
- AMROC Model Train Exhibit held in the American Legion Post 193 Building.
A new addition to the Chapin Labor Day festivities for this year is the Taste of Chapin, the official Restaurant Week for our community. Taste of Chapin is produced and hosted in partnership by the Greater Chapin Chamber of Commerce and the Town of Chapin, with the goals of increasing consumption, fostering innovation and inspiring consumer confidence in our restaurant members.
Sponsored by Happy Fork, the Taste of Chapin will send diners on a tasting tour throughout the entire Greater Chapin community. During the week long campaign participating restaurants will offer a multi-course lunch and/or dinner at a value-added price giving locals (and visitors) the chance to channel their inner foodie and finally try that restaurant on their wish list. The restaurants that participate are not only known for their exceptional cuisine, they also spare no expense to give diners an extraordinary culinary experience.
To find out more information or to participate contact Nicholle Burroughs at email@example.com or Paul Sadler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crooked Creek Art League (CCAL) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit consisting of over 100 artists from Chapin and the surrounding lake communities. We are once again partnering with the Town of Chapin to create some exciting public art with the goal of shining a light on the vibrant arts scene in Chapin and surrounding lake communities. The concept for the project – artfully adorned trail markers- began as a way to showcase the Chapin Nature Trail that is being developed on the acreage surrounding Town Hall. This simple concept has evolved into “The Arts Trail through Chapin” - a highly visible multi-part public art display that will feature a community scavenger hunt and auction culminating at the 2021 Chapin Labor Day Festival.
The art will consist of creatively designed aluminum posts topped with aluminum sailboats reminiscent of the larger sailboats rolled out in the League’s 2019 project “The Arts Sail into Chapin.” In conjunction with the 2021 Chapin Labor Day Festival, which draws over 20,000 visitors each year, this project is a wonderful opportunity to show the vital role the arts play in our thriving community. A small number of trail markers will be installed on the Chapin Nature Trail and others will be auctioned during the Chapin Labor Day Festival. Funds raised from the auction will go towards a larger scale community art project the League is planning for Chapin. The trail markers will be on display at sponsoring businesses for the duration of the Scavenger Hunt from September 1 - 5. After Labor Day, the Trail Markers will become part of a growing "Chapin Arts Trail" which spotlights public art throughout the town.