How can I get referrals for an attorney?
Court staff are not permitted nor will they recommend specific attorneys or law firms. You should contact the South Carolina Bar Association's free attorney referral service at 800-868-2284. You may also check phone listings or ask friends and family for recommendations.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to appear in court?
2. What happens if I fail to appear for my court date?
3. If someone is proven guilty, who decides the sentence?
4. I was told I could speak to the officer before court. Do I need to make an appointment?
5. Can I speak to the judge, regarding my case?
6. What if I don't have an attorney?
7. How can I get referrals for an attorney?
8. How do I know if my license is suspended?
9. If my driver's license is suspended for failing to pay a traffic ticket, how do I get it back?
10. Can I pay a higher fine to have my points reduced or taken off?
11. How can I pay my fine?