Chapin Labor Day Festival & Parade
Mark your calendars for next year's festival - September 1-3, 2018!
Provided below are the applications forms for the 2018 Labor Day Parade and Festival. Please return a completed electronic copy to email@example.com
2017 Labor Day Festival
Thank you to everyone who came out to support our Chapin Labor Day Festival & Parade! What an awesome day we had! The crowds for the parade were bigger than ever.
Congratulations to our Parade Winners:
Best Business entry: El Poblano Mexican Restaurant
Best Church entry: Heart of Lake Murray - Decided Church
Best Non-Profit entry: Children's Chance Paint the State
Best School entry: Chapin High JROTC
Best Sports Team: Chapin High School Football (JV & Varsity)
Honorable Mentions: Exit Palmetto Realty
Farm Boys BBQ
Pirates of Lake Murray Cub Scout Troop
Check out our 2017 Photo Gallery. Thanks again to Ronnie Corn's Chapin Intermediate photography students for their great pictures!
Thank you to the great volunteers and staff who help put this event together:
Kari Pepper McKeone, Maureen Renzi, Renee Lowder, Dave Schimsa, John Siemers, Cynthia Knowles, Lindsay Rackliffe, Clyde Reaves, Hillarie Brush, Steve Wall, Derek Haig, American Legion Post 193, Rider and Auxiliary, Chapin Explorers, Chapin Police Department, Lexington County Sheriffs Department, Boy Scout Troop 870, Sheila Veach, Caleb Chastain, Chapin Chamber of Commerce, Anthony Andrade, Laura Culler, Andy Metts, Matt Cameron, John Walston, Inga Whelchel, Susan Wright, Debb Romanelli, Julie Hammond, Chris Clauson, Theresa Hiott, Karen Owens and Russell Wright.
Saturday, September 1
- Chapin Downtown Farmer's Market 9 am - 12 pm on Clark Street
Sunday, September 2
- Concert on Beaufort Street featuring Anthony Charles and the Blues Dolphins Street party starts at 7 pm.
- Bring your lawn chairs, but no coolers allowed
Monday, September 3
- Labor Day Parade begins at 9:30 am (Streets close at 9 am) at GIS parking lot (912 Chapin Road)
- Classic Car Show in the Mt. Horeb parking lot of Beaufort Street Sponsored by Morgan & Associates Nationwide and Royson's Chapin Automotive. Presented by Columbia Classic Chevy Club.